Share this article
We continue to boost our food variety and quality. Students of all ages tell us they are loving our “new and improved” choices.
Here are a few of the key changes driving popular menu upgrades:
- We are adding items that taste tests tell us are “kid approved.”
- We are increasing “from scratch” cooking.
- We are offering global cuisine, such as Asian bento boxes.
- We are expanding the offerings at our salad bars and introducing more vegetarian/vegan options.
- We are serving only fresh fruit and unsweetened applesauce.
- We are preparing dishes made with fresh, raw, whole-muscle meat instead of processed product.
- We are purchasing more locally grown produce and strengthening our established farm-to-school program.
As new menu items launch, students are encouraged to share feedback using the MealViewer app. Our menus have been averaging an overall favorable rating of 82% this year.
Post your comment